Vocalist.org archive

From:  Scott Drackley <sdrackley@r...>
Scott Drackley <sdrackley@r...>
Date:  Sat Jan 13, 2001  1:27 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] off-topic: Water

Dear Ernie,
Say what you will about hoaxes, I know for a fact that my mother used TAB, the
precursor of diet coke, to clean the dirty grill every night in her snack busy
snack bar. It ate right through all the grease and built-up crud from a whole
day of frying burgers, etc. on the grill. It was the best thing she found to
clean it!

By the way, I'm a confirmed water drinker and preach the virtures of hydration
to my students until they all think I'm on the payroll of the local spring
water company!
Phyllis

Ernie Valenzuela wrote:

> I could abide by what you post on the importance of drinking water,
> good points may I add,
> but you lost me when I read on the urban legend, Dear Heloise & hoax
> like information regarding Coca Cola. Sure, I'll agree with anyone when
> they say too much of something taken to extremes is just not good for
> you (this could be said about water as well). But, c'mon, besides -
> can someone please tell me what the absorption powers of a crumpled
> sheet of aluminum foil are?
>
> Incidentally, I did a search on "Coca Cola Corrosion" (just for laughs) & I
> never saw more hits in more websites word for word & in various languages.
>
> Nevertheless, thanks for the post! I enjoyed it along with a can of
> "the pause that refreshes!" :->
>
> EV

emusic.com