Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Fri Jan 12, 2001  9:01 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Acting audition accent advice?

From: Peter Louis van Dijk <plvdijk@i...>
>What are you auditioning for? Just a general:
>"here I am "or for a specific role? Maybe doing something closer to what
>they are looking for might be less risky? But if they are looking for a
>charachter actress, you should be fine doing that with which you are
>comfortable.
>
>Good luck!
>
>Regards
>Susi

I probably should have explained this before. I'm participating in general
season auditions for two theater companies. One has announced "A Little
Night Music," which has four possible roles for me, and "You're a Good Man,
Charlie Brown", a musical built around "Peanuts" characters. The other
company hasn't announced its season yet. So, I won't be auditioning for a
specific role... unless I get called back.

Elizabeth Finkler
GO RAIDERS!
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...

"An enemy can partially ruin a man, but it takes a well-meaning and
injudicious friend to really finish the job and make it perfect." --Mark
Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson"