Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Fri Jan 12, 2001  6:40 pm
Subject:  Water

I think this is really good information for all of us, especially singers:

WATER

> 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (This likely applies to half
> the world's population).
>
> In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often
> mistaken for hunger.
>
> Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
>
> One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the
> dieters investigated in a Univesity of Washington study.
>
> Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
>
> Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could
> significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
>
> A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble
> with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a
> printed page.
>
> Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by
> 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50%
> less likely to develop bladder cancer.
>
> QUESTION: Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?

> COKE
>
> In many states (in the USA), the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke
> in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
>
> You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two
> days.
>
> To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and
> .......Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric
> acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
>
> To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a
> crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
>
> To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola
> over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
>
> To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted
> bolt for several minutes.
>
> To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap
> the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is
> finished, Remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for
> a sumptuous brown gravy.
>
> To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy
> clothes, add detergent, And run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will
> help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your
> windshield.
>
> FYI:
> 1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will
> dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
>
> 2. The commercial trucks carrying Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) must
> use the "Hazardous Material" place cards reserved for highly corrosive
> materials.
>
> 3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of
> their trucks for about 20 years!
>
> QUESTION: Are you maybe drinking too much soda?

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8358 Re: Water Ian Belsey   Mon  1/15/2001   2 KB
8372 Re: Water thomas mark montgomery   Mon  1/15/2001   2 KB
8361 Re: Water Greypins@a...   Mon  1/15/2001   2 KB
8366 Re: Water MFoxy9795@a...   Mon  1/15/2001   2 KB
8387 Re: Water dorisopran@a...   Mon  1/15/2001   2 KB
8389 Re: Water Lana Mountford   Mon  1/15/2001   4 KB
8400 Re: Water Elizabeth Finkler   Mon  1/15/2001   2 KB
8401 Re: Water Elizabeth Finkler   Mon  1/15/2001   3 KB
8404 Re: Water Gina   Mon  1/15/2001   2 KB

emusic.com