Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Thu Jan 11, 2001  9:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Acting audition accent advice?

In a message dated 1/11/01 3:49:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mightymezzo@h... writes:
mightymezzo@h... writes:

<< I used a weird
half-Spanish half-French half-Yiddish accent. (She's easily assimilated,
after all.) For the auditions, I thought I would use an accent, not as
extreme as the performance dialect, but noticeable.

Anyone think that this is a mistake? Should I just go with my normal
civilized East Coast Fluffyan Usonian speech? >>

Liz, if you do the accent, I would hope that the auditors are erudite enough
that they would know what you were doing and get the connection. It might be
safer if you didn't, and just went with your best diction. But that's just
my first thought off the top.

emusic.com