Vocalist.org archive

From:  Edna Huelsenbeck <edna@b...>
Edna Huelsenbeck <edna@b...>
Date:  Thu Jan 11, 2001  4:07 pm
Subject:  [vocalist] Re: Looking for: ombra mai fu

>Dear Edna & David,
>Thank you for your trouble. I already found this on the aria
>database. But when I listen to the -only- recording I have, I can
>distinguish the last 4 lines (Ombra mai fu, di vegetabile,
>cara ed amabile, soave piu). It is sung twice and then there's a bit
>that I do not understand. It's not anything from the bit of text on
>the aria database.
>This is confusing!!! :-)
>So, any help is very welcome!
>Greetz,
>Nande

Well, I don't know what's on your recording, but here is how the text
actually appears in my Schirmer anthology (repeated text and all).

I have used an underline (_) to represent the elision marks:

Fron-di te-ne-re
e bel-le
del mio pla-ta-no_a-ma-to,
per voi
ri-splen-de_il fa-to;
tuo-ni, lam-pi
e pro-cel-le
no v'ol-trag-gi-no mai
la ca-ra pa-ce,
ne` giun-ga_a pro-fa-nar-vi,
au-stro ra-pa-ce!

Om-bra mai fu
di ve-ge-ta-bi-le,
ca-ra_ed a-ma-bi-le,
so-a-ve piu`;
om-bra mai fu di ve-ge-ta-bi-le, ca-ra_ed a-ma-bi-le,
so-a-ve piu`, ca-ra_ed a-ma-bi-le, om-bra mai fu
di ve-ge-ta-bi-le, ca-ra_ed a-ma-bi-le so-a-ve piu`,
so-a-ve piu`.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8217 Re: Looking for: ombra mai fu Nande   Thu  1/11/2001   3 KB

emusic.com