Vocalist.org archive

From:  Sally Bradshaw <songful@c...>
Sally Bradshaw <songful@c...>
Date:  Thu Jan 11, 2001  12:18 pm
Subject:  Question: What effect does singing have on physical health?

I would like some information, even scientific, on the beneficial effects
of singing on health. I believe that it raises endorphins and that it is
cardiovascular. Does it improve core body strength? Does anyone have
experience of it clearing symptoms? I myself had a pupil who suffered from
sleep apnoea before learning with me (a condition in which breathing stops
in sleep and you wake fighting for breath) and told me that it had stopped
completely after learning to release her breath and sing freely. Feedback
would be gratefully received.

Sally

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8204 Re: Question: What effect does singing have on ph Greypins@a...   Thu  1/11/2001   2 KB
8242 Re: Question: What effect does singing have on ph Cynthia Donnell   Thu  1/11/2001   3 KB

emusic.com