Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Wed Jan 10, 2001  11:01 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] rep for sop and clarinet

Fiona, here are some things that might work for you. If I remember
correctly, you are a coloratura - the Vaughan Williams is for high soprano
and clarinet alone. All the others are for soprano, clarinet and piano
(the Mendelssohn is an orchestral reduction.) Also, I have taught a
transcription of "Non piu di fiori" from Mozart's "La clemenza di Tito"
for soprano, clarinet and piano, though Vitellia is probably out of your
fach. You might look into Rameau for something early; surely among all
those cantatas there is something for soprano and chalumeau.

Best,

Mark Montgomery

Wer nur den lieben Gott Lasst walten, Felix Mendelssohn
Hirtenleid, Giacomo Meyerbeer
Der Hirt auf dem Felsen, Franz Schubert
Six German Lieder, Louis Spohr

Drei Morgensternleider, Matyas Seiber

Three Vocalises, Ralph Vaughan Williams

To Be Sung upon the Water, Dominick Argento
Songs of Innocence, Arnold Cooke
Saturn, Alan Hovhaness
Ariel, Ned Rorem

emusic.com