Vocalist.org archive

From:  nubian2@h...
nubian2@h...
Date:  Tue Jan 9, 2001  9:08 pm
Subject:  Re: Balanced Onsets

The sigh imagery is helpful. I produce a good tone with the onset I
have been using but I have a big voice and it uses too much breath
pressure. My poor chords get tired. I think the idea of sighing
will naturally ease up the attach......

--- In vocalist-temporary@egroups.com, Marthea Blewitt <>
wrote:
> Most of my teenage students (all I teach) have problems with this.
One
> thing that has helped is to vocalize on an "oo" vowel, descending 5
tones,
> very legato. I tell them to make sure they start with a lot of air
like
> saying the word "who" (sort of like an owl). Can also be done more
as a sigh
> rather than worrying about singing each note. Not sure this will
help.
> Obviously, I don't use this on the breathy ones! Looking forward
to reading
> others' ideas.
>
> Marthea

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8166 Re: Balanced Onsets Lloyd W. Hanson   Tue  1/9/2001   4 KB

emusic.com