Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
"Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
Date:  Fri Jan 5, 2001  5:40 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Tonight on PBS

Hi David:

I have Eileen Farrell's "Arias in the Great Tradition" and "I've got a Right
to Sing the Blues" and I play those for students to hear fabulously
successful crossover. She's stunning. I didn't realize she had recorded a
whole bunch of new jazz albums as recently as the 90's. has anyone heard any
of it? Whiel I was searching for biographical info on her, she came up on a
bunch of jazz sites where her bio didn't even mention her classical singing
career at all!

Christine is right about Ms. Flemming though, she was even invited to tour
with a reknowned jazz band as vocalist.

Best,

Laura Sharp

emusic.com