Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen <kjensen@c...>
Karen <kjensen@c...>
Date:  Fri Jan 5, 2001  2:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Tonight on PBS

>I'm sorry to be posting this at the last minute, but it almost slipped my
>mind altogether. Renee Fleming is doing her jazz/crossover thing on PBS
>tonight (Thursday, January 4th) as part of the Live from Lincoln Center
>series. Check your local listings.
I'm curious to know what others thought of this. I saw bits of it,
and I am just exploring my own reaction which was to keep switching away
from it. I could see that it was speaking to "an audience" but I was not
able to enter in and be a part of it. There seemed to be something in the
communicative style which seemed to me to be overly-done for TV which
brings the audience so close to the performer. Or perhaps it was TV itself
which is a medium not well-suited to the vocal art.
What do others think?
Cheers, Karen Jensen

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8074 Theatrical vs.TV, was (and may still be): Tonight John Alexander Blyth   Fri  1/5/2001   3 KB
8094 Re: Theatrical vs.TV, was (and may still be): Ton Karen   Sat  1/6/2001   2 KB
8161 OFF:Re: [vocalist] Theatrical vs.TV, was (and may John Alexander Blyth   Tue  1/9/2001   3 KB
8083 Re: Tonight on PBS thomas mark montgomery   Fri  1/5/2001   2 KB

emusic.com