Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Wah Keung Chan @ La Scena Musicale" <wkchan@s...>
"Wah Keung Chan @ La Scena Musicale" <wkchan@s...>
Date:  Thu Jan 4, 2001  2:57 am
Subject:  Suggestions Requested for Musical Valentine Feature

Hi,

Happy New Year!

Below is info for a new feature that we are working on - Musical
Valentines. We would like members of the list to participate by
sending in their suggestions. In the first stage, we are taking
suggestions by January 5th. In stage 2, next week, we will send a
list to all those who participated to vote for the top 10 musical
valentines. The results will be tabulated and published in our
printed magazine and on our website http://www.scena.org - and we
hope to offer a musical valentine e-card as well.

Thanks in advance.

Wah Keung

---

Love is in the Air

New Year celebrations are here but we already must look ahead to the
most romantic holiday of the year, Valentine's Day. In our February
issue, La Scena Musicale will compile a list of the best music to
give as a musical valentine. We're asking for your input in this
list. There are three categories of passionate music: lieder (or
melodies), operatic arias and instrumental music. The vocal
selections' words should reflect something a lover could whisper in
his (or her) flame's ear.

Send us your list (if you love a particular interpretation, be sure
to mention it) by January 5. We'll compile a first list that will be
sent back to you to rank in the order of most favourite. The top
selections will be also used for a musical valentine feature on the
La Scena Musicale website.

Please fax us your list at (514) 274-9456, or send it via e-mail at
lucie.renaud@s... or lucie.renaud@s... or
No, love is not about to fade awayŠ

Wah Keung Chan
Lucie Renaud
La Scena Musicale
--

Special February issue - 90,000 copies
http://www.scena.org/lsmnewswire/files/001201-lsmrcm.html

Numéro spécial de février 2001 - 90 000 exemplaires
http://www.scena.org/lsmnewswire/files/001201-lsmrcm-fr.html

--

Send a greeting e-card with music performed by Daniel Taylor,
Marc-André Hamelin, Suzie Leblanc or Karina Gauvin

Envoyez une carte de souhaits électroniques avec musique interprétée
par Daniel Taylor, Marc-André Hamelin, Karina Gauvin ou Suzie LeBlanc
http://www.scena.org/icard/icard.asp?lan=1

--
** La Scena Musicale **
5409 Waverly, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2T 2X8

Web: http://www.scena.org
* 4 stars - Special Issue "The Best of the Net", Le Monde
* 4 étoiles - Cahier "Le meilleur du net", Le Monde
* Selected 3rd best music website by Chamber Music Magazine.
* Jugé 3ème meilleur site web de musique par le magazine Chamber Music.
* Article in the Montreal Gazette about La Scena Musicale Online
http://www.montrealonline.com/music/pages/000617/4295823.html

______________Addresses / Adresses: _______________
Wah Keung Chan wkchan@s...
Production scena@v...