Vocalist.org archive

From:  "M.J. Ruhl" <mjruhl@s...>
"M.J. Ruhl" <mjruhl@s...>
Date:  Sat Dec 30, 2000  5:00 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Alexander Technique (was Ballet for the classical singer)

Re: stage movement, flow, etc., I'd also recommend Alexander Technique.
Many of the teachers are former dancers--e.g., my teacher taught dance at
University of Maryland. It helps the entire flow--movement, voice, etc.
There's a sub-set of AT for musicians, and workshops are traveling around
the U.S. My AT teacher took it and was excited to learn more to pass
along to her musician students. She's also worked with exhibition
dancers, was featured in an article in a dance magazine. She will teach
AT to opera students at The Peabody, spring semester.

So, the point is, AT can bring it all together and, for me, it has helped
with fibromyalgia pain control. What a deal!

Mary Jane Ruhl
Alexandria, VA

emusic.com