Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Sat Dec 30, 2000  3:32 pm
Subject:  re: Piano for the classical singer

Well, this:
> Probably a couple of years. You probably will never
> be able to play fluenly the ENTIRE score - but you
> will be able to play more than enough to learn your
> role, unless it's a particularly difficult role.

And this:
> In a sense, when you play piano, you are
experiencing
> your music theory, not just memorizing it or going
> over it in your head.

And especially this:
> It builds new synaptic pathways in the brain
(helping
> to keep "aging" at bay).

...have all convinced me to return to the keyboard. I
will add piano lessons and practice to my schedule.
I've always hated sight-reading but have loved scales,
oddly. They put me into a tranquil sort of dreamy
brain-daze. Hanon is my drug of choice.

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte