Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Fri Dec 29, 2000  3:24 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] REP: English contemporary

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000 kapaulson@a... wrote:

> Here are some English song group ideas, but I'm not sure if they all match
> your year requirements:
>
> Argento: Six Elizabethan Songs (Barbara Bonney has the world premier
> recording on her album, Sallie Chisum Remembers Billy the Kid)
>
> Bernstein: I Hate Music!
> La Bonne Cuisine (in English)
>
> Quilter: 3 William Blake Songs, Op. 20 (short but pretty)
> 7 Elizabethan Lyrics
> Shakespeare Songs
>
> Barber: Hermit Songs (on same Bonney album)
>
> Bolcom: Cabaret Songs (4 volumes)
>
> I'm sure there are many more that I'm not thinking of. Good luck!
> Karen Paulson

I don't like to be a nitpicker, but the original request was for song
cycles composed within the last 40 years. This would exclude the Argento,
Quilter, and Barber songs. And the "Bonne Cuisine" is for mezzo-soprano.

Karen Mercedes
=====
My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

-----
Es en balde, majo mio, que sigas hablando
porque hay cosas que contesto yo
siempre cantando:
Tra la la...
Por mas que preguntes tanto: