Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Thu Dec 28, 2000  4:17 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] throatache - first performance tonight :-(((((

Okay, I know, I'm really far behind now...but seeing this time of year is
prime flu/cold & other types of infection season, especially where I
live, this subject could still be considered current.

I'd like to suggest that before you start taking echinacea that you make
sure that you aren't allergic to it or related plants like I am. I
understand that these include things like mums, daisies & asters. It
could wind up doing more harm than good in that case.

An herb (again, if you're not allergic) that can help to temporarily
reduce inflammation (in the throat, vocal cords & lots of other places
too!) is ginger root. Zinc is an excellent mineral supplement to boost
the immune system.

Pat

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!