Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Fiona Chow" <fionat@i...>
"Fiona Chow" <fionat@i...>
Date:  Wed Dec 27, 2000  3:57 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] the Crucible

> My school is doing this opera next season.
> Has anyone here seen/ and or sung a role in this opera? I am familiar with
> the Arthur Miller play, but reactions on Ward's operatic version will be
> much appreciated. The role I would be a contender for would be Elizabeth
> Proctor.

What school do you go to? My school is also doing this opera, but I
doubt I will be singing in it. I've been exposed to the music off and on
this year since most of my friends are in the opera! :). The music is okay,
(I'm not personally all that crazy about it... but this is probably just me)
and the story is a powerful one. Reading the play is certainly a good place
to start. Elizabeth is a mezzo role, erring certainly on the dramatic side.

Fiona

emusic.com