Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Fri Dec 22, 2000  5:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: OFF TOPIC: Search Engines

> BTW, do you know the famous story of Farrell's difficulties with Lennie at
> an opera rehearsal?

Lloyd, I'm always up for an Eileen Farrell story. She is one of the great
American treasures that the rest of the world missed to some degree due to
her sense of family. I read recently that she had performed a number of
complete opera roles with the New York Phil; I wonder if these will ever
be available to the general public?

I certainly agree with you about Farrell's technique. It was always at
the service of her music-making, regardless of the idiom.

Mark Montgomery

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7722 Eileen Farrell thomas mark montgomery   Fri  12/22/2000   2 KB

emusic.com