Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
"Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
Date:  Fri Dec 22, 2000  1:22 pm
Subject:  FW: OFF TOPIC: Search Engines

-----Original Message-----
From: Laura Sharp [mailto:lasharp@n...]
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000 8:22 AM
To: 'thomas mark montgomery'
Subject: RE: OFF TOPIC: Search Engines

I have stumbled across Metacrawler, but I always get so much stuff that
isn't germane and it's so cluttered to my tired old eyes, I've always stuck
with blessedly bare and usually excellent Google. But when I'm desperate, I
certainly have gone back to it. I hate looking at banner ads and I have no
patience with what comes up on the other engines when you type in something
as harmless as "American Girls Dolls". : ).

Dogpile was recently re-done so that it's less cluttered than before, so I
guess I responded to it more favorably than the last time.

Back to Eileen Farrell...don't tell Lloyd Hansen, but I'm sending Kiri te
Kanawa an Eileen Farrell "I've got a Right to Sing the Blues" album for
Christmas, so she can steal a few tips on crossover from that "hell of a
horn". Smokin'! (Just teasing, Lloyd!)

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah and Season's Greetings to all,

Laura