Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Tue Dec 19, 2000  11:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Book List

The books I use most often:

D. Ralph Appelman: THE SCIENCE OF VOCAL PEDGAGOGY

Martial Singher: AN INTERPRETIVE GUIDE TO OPERA ARIAS

Jerome Hines: GREAT SINGERS ON GREAT SINGING

Nicholas Ivor Martin: THE DA CAPO GUIDE TO OPERA

Sir Denis Forman: A NIGHT AT THE OPERA

Thomas Grubb: SINGING IN FRENCH

Jan Piatak: RUSSIAN SONGS AND ARIAS

Boris Goldovsky: BRINGING OPERA TO LIFE

Pierre Bernac: THE INTERPRETATION OF FRENCH SONG

Evelina Colorni: SINGERS' ITALIAN

Richard Miller: THE STRUCTURE OF SINGING

Boris Goldovsky: BRINGING SOPRANO ARIAS TO LIFE

Lotte Lehmann: MORE THAN SINGING

Nico Castel: A SINGER'S MANUAL OF SPANISH LYRIC DICTION

William Odom: GERMAN FOR SINGERS

Richard Cox: SINGER'S MANUAL OF FRENCH AND GERMAN DICTION

501 GERMAN VERBS, 501 FRENCH VERBS, 501 ITALIAN VERBS, 501 RUSSIAN VERBS,
501 SPANISH VERBS

Harper Collins Sansone Italian-English/English-Italian Dictionary

Langenscheidt's Condensed Muret-Sanders German Dictionary, Vol. I
(German-English)

Harper Collins Robert French-English/English-French Dictionary

University of Chicago Spanish Dictionary

David Mackay English Russian/Russian English Dictionary

Penguin Russian Dictionary

(Yes - I find I do need two Russian dictionaries - there are words in the
one that aren't in the other, and vice versa; I used to also have the
Romanoff's, but found that it had fewer words than either of the others;
the Mackay also has phonetic, although not IPA, pronunciations of all
words).

KM
=====
My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

-----
Es en balde, majo mio, que sigas hablando
porque hay cosas que contesto yo
siempre cantando:
Tra la la...
Por mas que preguntes tanto: