Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Fiona Chow" <fionat@i...>
"Fiona Chow" <fionat@i...>
Date:  Mon Dec 18, 2000  5:50 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] "Scratchiness" in singing vs speaking voice

> << After some time, I realized that was how she ALWAYS sounded. Later, I
> learned that both her parents smoked, and yes, in the house. >>

(Sorry for the late posting - I'm behind in my mail reading due to
exams).
This is a difficult and rather touchy situation. I have a close friend
who smokes, and is aware that since I'm a singer, this cannot be good for
me. Unfortunately, I get the sense that as part of accepting my friend, I
have to accept second hand smoke along the way, and have sort of just put up
with it.

In any case, I have two other pianist friends whom I often work with,
who both smoke around me as well!!! I find it rather amusing... Both of
them admit they want to quit. Is there no way out of these situations?

Fiona

emusic.com