Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Mon Dec 18, 2000  3:11 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Living british song composer

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Stephen Pascoe wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am returning to vocalist after several years and I see that you have
> been forced into excile. Egroups has excellent facilities for email
> lists such as this one but isn't vocalist-temporary a somewhat
> misleading title since you seemed to have been based here for some
> time.
>
> Back to the matter at hand. I need a song by a living british
> composer for part of a competition recital I'm preparing. So far my
> rep. knowledge has been found wanting. My voice type is, if I may say
> so, a full bodied but lyric baritone.

Julian Anderson: "I'm nobody, who are you?" for tenor or high baritone,
violin, and piano (Faber Music, hire www.fabermusic.co.uk)

Jonathan Harvey: "Lullaby for the Unsleeping" for medium voice and piano
(Faber Music, hire)

David Matthews: "Coastal Stations" (song cycle) for medium voice and piano
(Faber Music, hire)

David Matthews: "Spell of Sleep" for baritone, clarinet, and piano (Faber
Music, hire)

Dominic Muldowney: "Songs from THE GOOD PERSON OF SICHUAN" for medium
voice, piano, and optional alto saxophone (Faber Music, sale)

Andrew Downes: "Casterbridge Fair" Opus 1 (song cycle) for baritone and
piano (Lynwood Music downlyn@g...)

John McLeod: "The White Flame" (song cycle) for baritone and piano
(Griffin Music griffin.music@b...)

Ronald Stevenson: "Eight Selected Soutar Songs" for medium voice with
piano (Ronald Stevenson Society)

Ronald Stevenson: "Hills of Home" for baritone with piano (Ronald
Stevenson Society)

Ronald Stevenson: "Selected MacDiarmid Songs", vol 1 for medium/high
voice and vol 3 for baritone with piano (Ronald Stevenson Society)

Ronald Stevenson: "Four Morgenstern Songs" for medium/high voice with
piano (Ronald Stevenson Society RSS@m...)

David Bedford: "O Now the Drench Land Awakes" for baritone and piano
(Universal Edition)

David Bedford: "Epitaphs" for baritone and piano (David Bedford)

You could also look at the Contemporary Music Centre Ireland website:
http://www.cmc.ie/composers/index_of_irish_composers.html

Karen Mercedes
=====
My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

-----
Es en balde, majo mio, que sigas hablando
porque hay cosas que contesto yo
siempre cantando:
Tra la la...
Por mas que preguntes tanto: