Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tak Oda <toda@m...>
Tak Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Thu Dec 14, 2000  8:30 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: BAROQUE TENOR

Wow, this certainly gives credibility to Mike's theory that male
"falsetto" (or what I would call light head voice) is an analogue to the
female middle and head voice. Am I understanding correctly?

Tako

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Wim Ritzerfeld wrote:
> It is indeed different. In female middle voice and head voice
> the 'light' vibrational pattern appears, which is characterized
> by low vertical phase difference and a low closed quotient (glottis
> is closed 40% of the cycle or less). It is the same pattern as used
> in male falsetto. The 'heavy' vibrational pattern is only present
> in the lowest of the three female registers (chest) and in belting.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7635 Re: BAROQUE TENOR Wim Ritzerfeld   Thu  12/14/2000   2 KB
7637 Re: BAROQUE TENOR Tak Oda   Thu  12/14/2000   2 KB

emusic.com