Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Wim Ritzerfeld" <w.ritzerfeld@c...>
"Wim Ritzerfeld" <w.ritzerfeld@c...>
Date:  Thu Dec 14, 2000  8:23 pm
Subject:  Re: BAROQUE TENOR

Michael,

It is indeed different. In female middle voice and head voice
the 'light' vibrational pattern appears, which is characterized
by low vertical phase difference and a low closed quotient (glottis
is closed 40% of the cycle or less). It is the same pattern as used
in male falsetto. The 'heavy' vibrational pattern is only present
in the lowest of the three female registers (chest) and in belting.

Wim

--- In vocalist-temporary@egroups.com, >
> Wim wrote,"However, there is ample evidence that the vibrational
> pattern of the folds stays the same as the male voice goes into
> 'head'."
>
> Wim - what does the research show about the female voice? Is the
> female "head voice" the same vibrational pattern? I am guessing it
is
> different.
>
> In a fractured kind of way, I am starting to see all the different
> views I have read more or less come together.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7631 Re: BAROQUE TENOR Tak Oda   Thu  12/14/2000   2 KB
7635 Re: BAROQUE TENOR Wim Ritzerfeld   Thu  12/14/2000   2 KB
7637 Re: BAROQUE TENOR Tak Oda   Thu  12/14/2000   2 KB

emusic.com