Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Martti Savijoki" <marty@m...>
"Martti Savijoki" <marty@m...>
Date:  Thu Dec 14, 2000  10:15 am
Subject:  Re: BAROQUE TENOR

> Do you think that makes sense? Do you think I could be really
carrying my
> chest voice up to A5 and, due to the fact that I have a light tenor
voice,
> my teachers mistook it for a mix register? I can't find another
explanation
> for that.

I can also sing in chest voice up to A5 and with very much effort to
C6.. But that kind of singing is tiring my voice quite quickly even
if it doesn't sound so. I was always pushing my voice up there until
I found my head register. Now I just have to find a teacher to help
me to blend these chest and head registers!

So I think you can sing with pure chest voice the A5! That's just not
healthy...

Martti Savijoki

emusic.com