Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Wim Ritzerfeld" <w.ritzerfeld@c...>
"Wim Ritzerfeld" <w.ritzerfeld@c...>
Date:  Wed Dec 13, 2000  7:24 pm
Subject:  Re: "Robust" female regsiter was: Registers, was: Comparison...

Hi Tako,

I have listened to your clip and I agree this would be the kind
of voice that could potentially sing like a tenor. She certainly
uses the 'heavy' vibrational pattern and she does so with ease.
I don't hear her go into 'tenor head voice' though. The resonance
does not change as she goes up to F4 (the top note in the clip)
and I sense a slight raising of the larynx. I could be wrong, but
from what I hear I suspect that if she goes higher she will probably
go into belt mode. So for now I guess the (classically trained)
female tenor remains hypothetical ...

Wim Ritzerfeld
- engineer, singer and aspiring voice teacher -
(in no particular order)
Eindhoven, The Netherlands

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7591 Re: "Robust" female regsiter was: Registers, was: Tako Oda   Wed  12/13/2000   2 KB

emusic.com