Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Tue Dec 12, 2000  7:58 pm
Subject:  Re: Why do women sing in head voice?

> I don't think I am from my recollection. He even has a chart that shows the
> passage points and the classifications that go with them. Richard Miller is
> an important pedagogue but it does not mean we have to agree with him on
> everything. There's a lot a agree on, some I don't.

I remember this chart (from Structure of Singing), and you're right, it is
pretty specific, down to a major 2nd allowable deviation for each type. Of
course, it isn't a tenor/bari/bass chart, but goes into each fach
subdivision, which I suppose is less awful, but IMO, still limiting.

Tako

emusic.com