Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Tue Dec 12, 2000  7:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Why do women sing in head voice?

In a message dated 12/12/00 1:38:35 PM Central Standard Time,
chosdad@c... writes:

> I don't have time to write a lengthy post, but Randy I think you are
> over-simplifying Miller's position. I own his "Training Tenor
> Voices" book and have skimmed through his "Structure of Singing" or
> whatever the exact title is. I think what Miller is saying is that
> often the passaggio points are an indication of vocal category, and
> not a way of classifying a voice.

I don't think I am from my recollection. He even has a chart that shows the
passage points and the classifications that go with them. Richard Miller is
an important pedagogue but it does not mean we have to agree with him on
everything. There's a lot a agree on, some I don't.

Randy Buescher

7549 Re: Why do women sing in head voice? Tako Oda   Tue  12/12/2000   2 KB

emusic.com