Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Mon Dec 11, 2000  5:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: why do women sing in head voice?

In a message dated 12/09/2000 8:28:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Mezzoid@a... writes:
Mezzoid@a... writes:

<< If that is a chest-dominant or head-dominant sound, so be it. I just
choose not to define it as such. >>

Which I think is useful in the end. However, I find that it depends on the
student. If they come to you from a head voice perspective, they will need
more speech in the voice. If they come from a chest voice perspective (which
is how I was), they will need more head voice in the voice. If they come to
you with a relatively good balance, then not addressing it much at all would
be the most beneficial.
TinaO

emusic.com