Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Mon Dec 11, 2000  5:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Why do women sing in head voice?

In a message dated 12/09/2000 5:16:13 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Mezzoid@a... writes:
Mezzoid@a... writes:

<< If I were to try to push that much chest/speaking voice up
there, I would hurt myself. I cannot go above F above middle C without
switching. >>

Now that is interesting. Christine is a mezzo. I am a mezzo. Yet I can bring
my chest up to B if I wanted (although I no longer want to; used to do it as
a pop singer.) At any rate, I have read in various books that another way to
classify voices is how far they can bring their chest voice up. And I've read
opposite things on that, as well. . .Contraltos can and should bring it up to
Ab, Mezzos to F# - G, Sopranos to E-F vs. Sopranos to G, Mezzos to F,
Contraltos to E. I've come to the conclusion that that analysis is faulty.
TinaO

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7530 Re: Why do women sing in head voice? Mezzoid@a...   Mon  12/11/2000   3 KB
7543 Why do women sing in head voice? Tako Oda   Tue  12/12/2000   2 KB
7544 Re: Why do women sing in head voice? ODivaTina@a...   Tue  12/12/2000   2 KB
7564 Re: Why do women sing in head voice? Lloyd W. Hanson   Wed  12/13/2000   2 KB
7567 Re: Why do women sing in head voice? Tako Oda   Wed  12/13/2000   3 KB
7545 Re: Why do women sing in head voice? buzzcen@a...   Tue  12/12/2000   2 KB
7547 Re: Why do women sing in head voice? chosdad@c...   Tue  12/12/2000   2 KB
7546 Re: Why do women sing in head voice? ODivaTina@a...   Tue  12/12/2000   2 KB
7548 Re: Why do women sing in head voice? buzzcen@a...   Tue  12/12/2000   2 KB