Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sun Dec 10, 2000  4:27 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: why do women sing in head voice?

In a message dated 12/09/2000 10:24:48 PM Central Standard Time,
buzzcen@a... writes:
buzzcen@a... writes:

<< I'm not advocating one register at the exclusion of the other, quite the
contrary. Just that if handled properly the chest can be longer and the mix
occur higher in the voice.

And perhaps what I'm doing may be termed by some people as chest. I don't
consider it as such. I rarely talk in terms of head or chest with my
students or myself (on those rare occasions I talk with myself). I prefer
going for a sound that is comfortable and has "point" or "ping" or "edge" (I
hate that term, but others like it) or is "forward" or whatever results in
the sound that I am going for. If that is a chest-dominant or head-dominant
sound, so be it. I just choose not to define it as such.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com