Vocalist.org archive

From:  "michael.chesebro" <michael.chesebro@w...>
"michael.chesebro" <michael.chesebro@w...>
Date:  Thu Dec 7, 2000  5:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: vocal registers: was: Re: BAROQUE TENOR

Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 08:41:45 -0800
To: vocalist-temporary@egroups.com
From: "michael.chesebro" <michael.chesebro@w...>

>I am not sure without checking my resources what configuration of the vocal
>mechanism creates the medial tension that is often mentioned on this list.
>Medial tension would, by definition, be a pressing together of the vocal
>folds at their midline longitudinally.

According to my text (Zemlin, W.R., 1988. Speech & Hearing Science, Anatomy
and Physiology, 3rd ed., Phonation, p.131. Prentic Hall, Englewood Cliffs,
NJ) the "oblique arytenoids function to approximate the arytenoid
cartilages and are therfore regulators of medial compression."

I hope this helps.<<<<

Michael E. Chesebro, M.A.,C.C.C., S.L.P.
Voice & Fax: 562/983-9965
Wireless: 562/884-2212

emusic.com