Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@s...>
Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@s...>
Date:  Wed Dec 6, 2000  6:44 pm
Subject:  re: sticker shock...

Ernie wrote (and I swear I didn't pay him!):

>How fortunate of you to have a very loving & caring wife!
>I think you should return the favor by taking her to one
>of the many vocal concerts presented by many of the
>Vocalisters living in and around the Boston area.
>Certainly, a bigger bang for her buck!

Funny you should mention it. Here are two such possibilities:

Wednesday December 6, 2000, 8 p.m., Longy School of Music, free admission
OF ECHOES AND DREAMS - recent compositions by Longy faculty member
Howard Frazin; performers include sopranos Sarah Pelletier and Naomi Gurt
Lind

Sunday, December 10, 2000, 3 p.m., Longy School of Music, $10
TRIALS OF LIFE & LOVE - This Cantata Singers Chamber Series concert
features solo vocal works by Bernstein, Gershwin, Weill, Copland, and
Schoenberg - 20c classical song with strong popular influence; performers
include Naomi Gurt Lind, soprano; Lynn Torgove, Sara Wyse-Wenger, and Majie
Zeller, mezzo-sopranos; David Kravitz and Drew Poling, baritones; Frank
Corliss and Kayo Iwama, pianists

Hope any and all Boston-area vocalisters can make it!
Naomi

emusic.com