Vocalist.org archive

From:  Takeshi Oda <toda@m...>
Takeshi Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Wed Dec 6, 2000  6:39 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] RE: vocal registers: was: Re: BAROQUE TENOR

Yes, I think your theory makes sense. Now whether or not *your* voice is
using that register, I have no idea. I've never heard it, and I don't know
the range. Randall Wong certainly sounds like he has a flageolet...

If you join "TheCountertenors" egroup, I can post a clip of Wong if you'd
like. You can decide if it sounds like what you have. Let me know.

Tak

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Caio Rossi wrote:

> Hi, Tako
>
> You said:
>
> > If your "falsetto" is something upon which you may crescendo, then yes,
> > I'd call that a form of head voice. The mechanics of true falsetto
> > precludes the kind of control over dynamics which exists in other
> > registers.
>
> but I'd like to know if my tentative unifying theory below makes any sense:
>
> > > Given that, I was thinking the other day: light tenors ( supposedly,
> with
> > > cords like mine ) might be entitled to reach that 'quasi-falsetto'
> register
> > > that women have, the same kind of 'falsetto' voice that Mike says women
> use
> > > as supposedly their head voices and the lighter form of head voice you
> and
> > > Lloyd agreed to exist.
>
> Does it?
>
> Thanks,