Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Wed Dec 6, 2000  6:30 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] RE: vocal registers: was: Re: BAROQUE TENOR

In a message dated 12/6/00 12:07:42 PM Central Standard Time,
caioross@z... writes:
caioross@z... writes:

> I can remember Lloyd said once that women don't have a falsetto, but a
> different register that may be taken as being falsetto, but it's actually
> something else ( I think the name was flageollot, or is it still something
> else? ).

Not everyone is agreement on this. The female voice is certainly capable of
producing a tone where there is no medial compression, the folds are
lengthened, and just the outer layer of mucosa is vibrating. If you were to
see the stroboscopic exam and hear the results without knowing the sex of the
listener you wouldn't be able to differentiate the male from female
production, therefore why resist the fact that female falsetto may exists or
as I have observed in numerous exams does exist.

Randy Buescher

7401 Re: vocal registers: was: Re: BAROQUE TENOR Lloyd W. Hanson   Thu  12/7/2000   3 KB

emusic.com