Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Wed Dec 6, 2000  2:11 am
Subject:  BAROQUE TENOR

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Caio Rossi wrote:

> I used to be really good at it. Now, my focus is on my chest voice,
> and then I'll focus on my mix ).

Not sure how old you are, but I'd suggest at least "exercising" your
lighter head voice regularly even if you are focussing on chest for now.
It's possible for you to "forget" how to use it if you don't use it too
long. This is especially true if you're between 18 and 28 yrs, since your
voice is changing under you.

> I have the impression that this kind of voice is too problematic: it must
> have so many unique characteristics that it's hard to find a teacher who can
> deal with it and develop all its potentialities. I think that must be the
> reason why only now I've found someone who doesn't seem to be so clueless.

I can't say for sure, but I get the impression that SLS teachers take this
lighter head voice into account... it's just another register to unify.
Rocio, is this the case? You're right it's almost a lost art for men in
the classical world.

Tako

emusic.com