Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
"Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
Date:  Tue Dec 5, 2000  8:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Baroque Tenor

Whilst it's been some time since I heard Mark Padmore sing, there are some
others who you may want to compare for the baroque sound. John Mark Ainsley
has been well discussed on this group and I think I have voiced my
misgivings about his singing at times, although his voice is a good
indication of the style. Personally I find Anthony Rolfe Johnson hard to
beat in the right repertoire. Paul Agnew is a good baroque tenor, who I was
lucky enough to sing with in Ex Cathedra before he made it big! For a more
haute contre style you may want to listen to Rogers Covey Crump of the
Hilliard Ensemble. I'm sure that Tako would be familiar with his work.

Colin Reed, (not baroque) tenor