Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Mon Dec 4, 2000  1:59 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: purity of expression

In a message dated 12/03/2000 4:38:40 PM Central Standard Time,
lloyd.hanson@n... writes:
lloyd.hanson@n... writes:

<< I look for the opera singers to never let me loose the presence of the
music
even if it is tempting to want to create an "emotional moment". I want to
hear more of Verdi and less of the singer.

Although, Lloyd, yesterday I heard a Met pre-season show and they were
talking about TROVATORE, and a letter from Verdi to his baritone was read in
which the composer said something to the effect of, "The text and drama are
most important; the music will take care of itself."

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com