Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Sun Dec 3, 2000  1:39 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Problematic choir teachers....HELP!

Mary Beth wrote:

>He realizes that my
> students are building strong solo voices, but he calims they are not able
> blend with the other voices in the choir.

That reminds me "Tina", the movie based on Tina Turner's auto-biography. In
the opening scene, she's singing in a church choir and her voice has much
more volume than those of the other children. As her voice cannot really be
labeled as 'heaven sent', you can imagine how the teacher reacted.

Concerning children choirs, I have a definite opinion about them:
AAARRRRGGGHHHH. You should instruct your students to tell the others to go
get a voice before it's too late or they may be stranded in a choir for the
rest of their lives! On the other hand, if their school bullies see them in
a gown with a rounded mouth and straight bangs they won't have to bother
about the future, anyway!

My motto is: If people were to be noticed only as a group. not as
individuals, they would be born as ants. ( Caio Rossi, 1969- . Still
alive because his voice rings! )

bye,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com