Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Marjorie Bunday" <mbunday@e...>
"Marjorie Bunday" <mbunday@e...>
Date:  Fri Dec 1, 2000  7:03 am
Subject:  Re: songs by women composers

Naomi Gurt Lind wrote:

<<[snip]Lori Laitman - a wonderful composer in the DC area who just released
her
first CD of songs, entitled Mystery: the Songs of Lori Laitman (on the
Albany label, available at Tower and well worth the price)[snip]>>

Yes! I sang one of her songs ("Homeless", in the mezzo range) at a concert
that she attended earlier this year. I got to speak with her afterwards,
and as I understand it, she writes exclusively (or nearly so) for the voice.
One of her good friends is a local singer who is *very* good, and Ms.
Laitman indicated that she is able to "test-drive" [my words] some of her
works. This helps to explain (partly, of course) why her music is very
yummy to sing -- very vocal writing. I'm pretty sure I've got her email
address on a card, somewhere at the bottom of the piles of stuff on my desk,
so if someone wants to contact her, email me privately and I'll search for
it. You might also be able to do a search on her name on a search engine.

I'm glad to see she's got her music out on a CD -- do you know who's singing
on it?

Marje
mbunday@e...
http://www.altodiva.com