Vocalist.org archive

From:  "David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
"David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
Date:  Fri Dec 1, 2000  2:41 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] TEACHING METHODS WAS:Breathing question

Lloyd and other vocalisters,

I read this article, and had a theory about the use of nasal consonants in
teaching. Seems like I remember in Miller that [m] helps to relax the
tongue, and in my own experience [n] and "ng" bring the back of the tongue
forward. Could it be that students who press the back of the tongue down
are helped into brighter, more "ringing" sounds by the tongue relaxing and
coming forward? Just a thought...

David Grogan
East Texas Baptist University
Marshall, Texas