Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Sandra" <sandra@b...>
"Sandra" <sandra@b...>
Date:  Thu Nov 30, 2000  6:44 pm
Subject:  Advice on diction class

Hi all-

I'm not currently enrolled in college for a music major-am going the private
route. I live in a town with a university (offering up to PhD in vocal arts
programs) am starting to take a class here and there. I'm considering
either a English diction class or a French diction class for spring
semester. The English class will focus on individual student repotoire and
will be structured around mostly individual singing and feedback. The
French class will deal more with applying IPA to the language for singing
purposes, and will likely involve less singing for the first half of the
semester. I do have a background in the french language and literature from
my undergraduate degree, but haven't spoke in years.

Some have told me the French class may be more interesting to me since I
already speak and sing in English. So far, I have not sung in French (only
English, Italian, and German) though I would like to eventually. I'm
inclined to go for the individual feedback in the English class, though I
already get this to an extent in lessons. Among other things, I am thinking
that standing up and singing amongst voice majors might be good experience
since I study privately. I'm just getting to the point of auditioning for
solo singing, and have that audition phobia which many newbies have. Before
I sign up, does anyone have any opinion/advice they would like to share?

Thanks,
Sandra

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7115 Re: Advice on diction class R.L.Frye@w...   Thu  11/30/2000   2 KB
7120 Re: Advice on diction class LMorgan923@a...   Thu  11/30/2000   2 KB
7140 Re: Advice on diction class Cynthia Donnell   Thu  11/30/2000   4 KB
7144 Re: Advice on diction class Cynthia Donnell   Fri  12/1/2000   2 KB
7149 Re: Advice on diction class Sandra   Fri  12/1/2000   3 KB

emusic.com