Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Vale [^_^]" <valevanni@m...>
"Vale [^_^]" <valevanni@m...>
Date:  Thu Nov 30, 2000  1:58 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: (unknown)

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 00:22:28
saint james wrote:

>Lloyd, is there anything structure wise that we can measure that is
>indicative of voice type ?

Some month ago I encountered a problem in singing: vocal fatigue and rigidity
on the high range (in particular on "i" and "u").
I've been recently to an ENT and I had a laringoscopy (the diagnosis was
"swollen and reddened cords" caused by bad speaking habits).

About the voice type:
He watched the length, and he said that the cords are of a tenor, "very very
high tenor".
Then he said something about some shapes, the consequential harmonics, and he
said that the cords should produce a very variable timber from the top to the
bottom.
Unfortunately, I didn't understand "the shapes" and I can't tell more.
I can said that the analysis, made without hearing my singing, is rather
accurate.

Get FREE Email/Voicemail with 15MB at Lycos Communications at

emusic.com