Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Thu Nov 30, 2000  1:12 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Older students/school advice

Brava! That's Lana Mountford's old group. Have a blast!

I'm sure you'll find, as I did, that you pick up more musicianship on the
fly than you would in the most sopoforic music theory class.

Languages can be fun, too. I've discovered that the fastest way to get a
dirty look from the little old kapellmeister at St. Luke's is to ask whether
he wants "Italianate Latin" or "Germanic Latin" or "Ciceronian Latin" or....

Liz
Sunnyvale, CA
Stamp Out Bodymikes! Read the SOB Manifesto at
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/SOBManifesto.htm

cantare@p... [mailto: > > I thought about your advice, and decided to audition and was
>accepted
> > (just less than an hour ago!) into a very well-regarded semi-
> > professional choral group in my area, and I'm SO excited!!

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...

"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

_____