Vocalist.org archive

From:  cantare@p...
cantare@p...
Date:  Thu Nov 30, 2000  12:14 am
Subject:  Re: Older students/school advice

That is great to hear, Lana - I was a bit worried that I would have to
restrain my voice, which is the worst thing I could possibly do right
now, just when I am trying to let it bloom. I am glad to hear about
your great experience! Lana, we also have shared voice teachers - I am
now studying with Janet Campbell, and she has mentioned you and said
great things about your dedication and enthusiasm!

Thanks again,
Karena

--- In vocalist-temporary@egroups.com, Lana Mountford <>
wrote:
> You couldn't find a better group for serious singers -- one of the
basic
> tenets of Masterworks is that each singer must sing with his/her OWN
voice,
> and it's the director's responsibility to work out how to weave it
all
> together to make a pleasing blend. I've chatted with Richard Garrin
(and
> Galen Marshall before him) about this, and he's definitely a
proponent of
> good vocal technique. I sang 4 Masterworks seasons with Galen
Marshall, and

cantare@p... wrote:

> > Thanks Paul. . I live in San Francisco, and the group is in San
Mateo

cantare@p... [mailto:]
> > > Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2000 8:16 PM
> > > To:
vocalist-temporary@egroups.com
> > > Subject: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Older students/school advice
> > >

> > > Dear Vicky, Judy, and list:
> > >
> > > I thought about your advice, and decided to audition and was
> > accepted
> > > (just less than an hour ago!) into a very well-regarded semi-
> > > professional choral group in my area, and I'm SO excited!! I am
> > > looking forward to improving my musicianship, learning some new
> > music
> > > and getting to know people and letting them get to know me!
YAY!!
> > > Thanks for all the advice :)
> > >
> > > Yours,
> > > Karena
> > >
> > > --- In vocalist-temporary@egroups.com, Mike & Vicki Bryant
> > > <mbryant@f...> wrote:

> > > you are like
> > (unless,
> > > of

> > > noticed, I guarantee
> > > will certainly

> > > rehearsals, always
> > > attitude definitely

> > > ranks. Even large
> > > sing in small

> > > add
> > referrals
> > > you're good,

> --
> Explain it as we may, a martial strain will urge a man into the
front rank
> of battle sooner than an argument, and a fine anthem excite his
devotion
> more certainly than a logical discourse.
> ~ Henry Tuckerman ~
> Lana Mountford lana@a... Seattle, WA

emusic.com