Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Wed Nov 29, 2000  8:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] getting back on track

>From: Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
>
>Am I the only mezzo-contralto here who is actually singing the contralto
>part in the MESSIAH?

Guess so. The choir at St. Luke's Los Gatos is a bit small (12) for
Messiah, but we do have some interesting and challenging music for Advent
and Christmas.

>I thought SOPRANOs were a dime a dozen, and it was the contraltos who were
>hard to find. :)

I'm still scrabbling for some work. (See my "Homage to Dorothea Lange" on
my web page if you don't believe me.) Will probably audition for
"Mademoiselle Modiste" at our local G&S society this weekend.

(As you may have guessed from the title, they don't always do G&S.)

Liz

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...

"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

_____