Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mike & Vicki Bryant <mbryant@f...>
Mike & Vicki Bryant <mbryant@f...>
Date:  Wed Nov 29, 2000  7:42 pm
Subject:  Re: getting back on track

Susan Schneider wrote:

vtec> I too will be singing the soprano role in the Messiah on December 10 in
vtec> Montclair, NJ with the Oratorio Society of New Jersey. It is also a sing
vtec> along, and I will be doing the 4 recits, Rejoice and Come Unto Him. Oddly
vtec> enough, this will be my first Messiah in several years; everyone I know
vtec> seems to have one every year.

Well, I'm one person who's still not singing a Messiah solo this year
- my last one was in 1990!

I am, however, singing an Advent Vespers concert at the University of
Chicago on December 3 at 5:00 pm; a Christmas concert with Chicago
Choral Artists on December 9 and 16 at 8:00 pm and December 10 at 3:00
pm; a recital of Christmas and Winter-themed music by women composers
at the library in Park Ridge, IL on December 21 at 7:30; Christmas
caroling at Rock Creek Center in Lemont, IL on December 23 from 6:30
to 8:00 pm; and two Christmas eve services at two different churches
on, of course, Christmas Eve. (And for once, all paying gigs. Life is good!)

This is the first year I've ever had so many performances in the
second half of December. It certainly helps to spread them out a
little - not quite as frantic as some other years I remember!

It's fun to hear what everyone else is doing! Thanks for starting
this thread, Jocelyn!

Vicki Bryant
Happily busy Mezzo-soprano
Naperville, IL

Mike Bryant
2035 Tamahawk Lane
Naperville, IL 60564

* What do little birdies see when they get knocked unconscious?

emusic.com