Vocalist.org archive

From:  Marthea Blewitt <Marthea@a...>
Marthea Blewitt <Marthea@a...>
Date:  Wed Nov 29, 2000  4:24 am
Subject:  Scratchy

I have a new student who has a healthy sounding speaking voice but has
problems singing without a scratchiness showing up occasionally. I've tried
a few tricks, some worked, some didn't. I think there may be a confidence
issue involved although she has done a lot of ensemble and choir singing. I
believe she's a soprano who has been cast as an alto in the school chorus.
I know this is not much info, but does anyone have any thoughts? Anyone
know of a safe test I could try with her that would indicate a need to see
an ENT? Someone awhile ago, said to stick out your tongue and sing "e."
(If nodes are present, this is not possible?)

Thanks,

Marthea

{No censorship. When is Miss Manners going to write Internet etiquette for
dummies?}

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6981 Re: Scratchy Ian Belsey   Wed  11/29/2000   2 KB
7008 Re: Scratchy RALUCOB@a...   Wed  11/29/2000   2 KB
7019 Re: Scratchy Marthea Blewitt   Wed  11/29/2000   2 KB
7080 Re: Scratchy Robin L. Frye   Thu  11/30/2000   3 KB
7091 Re: Scratchy RALUCOB@a...   Thu  11/30/2000   3 KB
7096 Re: Scratchy R.L.Frye@w...   Thu  11/30/2000   2 KB
7098 Re: Scratchy Marthea Blewitt   Thu  11/30/2000   2 KB
7101 Re: Scratchy Tako Oda   Thu  11/30/2000   2 KB
7100 Re: Scratchy RALUCOB@a...   Thu  11/30/2000   2 KB

emusic.com