Vocalist.org archive

From:  <williams@e...>
<williams@e...>
Date:  Wed Nov 29, 2000  12:13 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] RE: ADMIN: list moderation?

Yikes, I come back from a little Thanksgiving trip and return to a hornet's
nest!

Although I mostly lurk due to time constraints IRL as well as on-line, I
have been reading Vocalist in all of it's incarnations for about 3.5 years.
Yes, the spirit of the old Vocalist has changed but I feel that it is mostly
due to the loss of the web interface. Although we got hammered with lots of
teen star wannabe posts, the increased exposure brought in a greater influx
of subscribers. The current vocalist-temporary group has more of an ingrown
feel, for better or worse.

As for moderation, I am also against a heavily moderated group. I believe
that would counter the free exchange that we currently enjoy. That said, I
think less moderation is best. (yes, Isabelle, I have voted!) I also enjoy
the occasional off-topic discussion and can chose to delete those I am
uninterested in. If people begin acting like (bratty) children, like a good
list mommy, Isabelle can give the culprits a good finger wagging.

And BTW, once we have located a good netiquette page(or locate Marko's old
one), egroups allows the moderator to send out regular messages each week
automatically if so desired.

Just my two cents,

Valerie Williams
~ who after years of being a "lone ranger" voice teacher, enjoys the
camaraderie this list brings.

http://www.vocalsplendor.com
http://www.mp3.com/valeriewilliams

emusic.com