Vocalist.org archive

From:  Rome Festival <romefestival@y...>
Rome Festival <romefestival@y...>
Date:  Tue Nov 28, 2000  11:05 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Warning about Rome Festival Opera

Dear Kerubiino,

What is your name? Signing your name to your "Warning" might allow us to
"consider the source".

As for the misinformation in your first paragraph, here is my reply. As an
educational charity with not-for-profit postal privileges, we mail materials
directly. From artists calling our toll free number, visiting our web site, and
emailing us, we know that our small posters are posted throughout the country.
We do not need to nor have we tried to place an ad in Classical Singer. What is
the name of the person from the Classical Music Forum who removes email posting?

Regarding your second paragraph: why are you attacking the coordinator? If you
have facts which refute our answers to her questions, present your evidence and
sources. The Rome Festival is a fully legitimate charity by every definition
imaginable. It is not desperate at all. We certainly have never "conned"
anybody. We want to confront the smears of nameless emailers with the truth,
the facts, and alumni who are eager to answer questions.

Regarding your third paragraph: Your guess is completely wrong. If you go on
the internet to search Rome Festival, you will find many college faculty
members and working artists who list Rome Festival in their professional
credentials. You will also find many newspapers stories about artists attending
the Rome Festival.

Molly Barber