Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
sopran@a...
Date:  Tue Nov 28, 2000  12:57 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] "voi lo sapete"- too dramatic?

In a message dated 11/27/00 7:08:38 PM, lana@a... writes:

<<(she pegged me as a lyric coloratura soprano with a "volume
problem")

LOLOL! That gives new meaning to the word "ridiculous."

<<My advice -- proceed with caution. It is *VERY* difficult to let go of the
"imprinting" that happens when you internalize a piece of music. If it's
something that you'll likely be singing later with a different technique (and
you can rest assured that your technique WILL change as you age), you might
want to think twice about learning it now.>>

Amen.

<<If it's an aria that you'll likely never want to perform ever in your life,
then it's probably safe to use it as a study piece, since you won't have to
unlearn it later. >>

Even this has its dangers--how many of us have started out disliking a piece
and then really learned to love it!

Judy

emusic.com